Friday, June 8, 2018

Day 3 - Doing it for Myself & No One Else

Good Morning, all! Day 3 of my determination to get healthy. I wanted to slip last night, but I forced myself to grab Skinny Pop mini popcorn cakes instead of grabbing something unhealthy and fattening. I can already sense a difference and I've only been doing it for two days. I don't feel anywhere near as bloated as I did before. 

I receive an email newsletter every day from SparkPeople. They have blog posts, recipes, etc. for people who want to be healthy. I found one of the blog posts to be rather inspiring. It touched a chord with me because like most people, I'm afraid to try new things and fail or try them and look dumb. But the blogger is very correct in her statement:

"Remember that everyone isn't watching you the way you think they are. Part of my fear with yoga class was that everyone would be judging me. In reality, no one was paying an ounce of attention to what I was doing. They were there for themselves, just as I was. Do you feel self-conscious when you go to the grocery store and you're stumbling over the labels in the natural foods section? No one is analyzing what goes into your grocery cart. Are you worried your dinner companions will be judging the healthy meal you order at a restaurant? Chances are they're focused only on great conversation and good company. Be confident in your choices because you're doing it for you and no one else."

Original Post Here

She hit a spot with me because I do think about that stuff. I do think people are watching what I'm putting in my cart at the store. I do think that people are watching me eat at a restaurant and thinking about how fat I am. But in reality, most people don't even care that I am there or what I'm doing. I have to remind myself to be confident and to move forward because this is about me, not anyone else.

Unfortunately, I did not make any step toward my writing, and all excuses aside, it was more my lack of energy than anything else. I know the determination to be healthier will impact my writing in a good way. I'll have more energy and be more mentally awake. My journey toward a better me will be a positive in both directions.

Wish me luck to remain strong through Day 3. The popular idea is that after 21 days you're good! Well, I am 2 days and a handful of hours into those 21 days. And I CAN DO THIS!!



~J.R.~

No comments:

Post a Comment